• Interpret weather condition to be safe for operation.
• Monitors wave heights and general sea condition.
• Recommends the purchase / supplies of marine equipment.
• Ensures that the FRBs are in good operating conditions and ready for service.
• Perform various marine duties such as checking for oil spills or other pollutants.
• Inspect vessels to ensure efficient and safe operation of vessels and equipment, and conformance to regulations.
• Manage security on FRB.
• Communicate with the control room to ensure ship positions and movements, weather and sea conditions, pollution control efforts.
• Monitor the on/off boarding of passengers through the Juliet boat landing.
• Getting Information -- Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
• Ensure movement of personnel offshore in a safe way from in field.
• Ability to administer first aid to injured personnel when required.
• Ability to use the navigation system (GPS) of the FRB in order to effectively run errands.
• Ability to carry out basic maintenance on the FRBS and to support the maintenance team as directed by the offshore leadership.
• Participate in all HSSE intervention schemes (***, Incident reporting, site visits) and awareness sessions (HSSE Meetings, events and trainings) to maintain and improve Company HSSE culture and performance.
• Participate in all toolbox & Marine Safety Meetings.
• Understand the emergency procedure of marine transportation accidents and the related requirements.
• Lead as a role model to improve HSSE engagement within direct team, section, and department.
• Understand and master emergency equipment’ using methods of Fast Rescue Boat allocation, such as first aids kit, fire extinguisher, hazard triangles etc.
N.B: The incumbent may perform other related duties as assigned.
• Captain’s License.
• +5 years of experience.
• Safely operate FRBs.
• Ensure safe transfer of passengers to and from the platforms.
• Timely response to emergency situations.
• Must be familiar with the Oil & Gas transportation safety rules.
• Must drive the company’s vehicles in a safe manner.
• Must be equipped with post-accident remedial knowledge and skills.
Compensation And Other Benefits
Douala, Douala, Cameroon
Published on : Aug 03,2022
Deadline : Aug 18,2022
Vacancy no : 1
Job Type : Contract
Experience Level : Mid Level
Gender : Both males and females are allowed to apply
Job Location : Douala, Douala, Cameroon